nuggets of wisdom
Is there a Key to becoming Diamond?
I was trying to figure out what the key was to becoming a diamond in doTERRA.
After some study and pondering;
- I realized, some of the diamonds in the company are great leaders... others not so great.
- Other diamonds are great teachers, some... not so great.
- Some diamonds were super salespeople, others... it was their weakness.
- I found diamonds that were well connected and socially networked... Other not so.
- Some had years of network marketing experience... Some had none.
- Some were experts and had years of experience with essential oils... Others were new to them.
So what set diamonds apart? The common thread?
They had all personally enrolled 40-100 IPC's or customers into doTERRA.
What do we learn from this?
- Never stop enrolling and looking for new doTERRA customers and IPC's.
- This is not a contest, don't worry about what others are doing.
Simply do what you do... well.
- Keep learning... About the oils, about becoming a great leader, about being a good salesperson, about building your social network.
- If you have a weakness, work on it till it becomes a strength.
- Believe in yourself, have a plan, set goals. Never stop.
- This gives you tremendous options when organizing your team structure.
No Regrets Robert James
Have you ever looked back on something in your life and
thought, Why did I quit! Or why didn't I stick with it a little
longer or why didn't I put just a little more study time in.
Why didn't I put a little more effort into it!
When Wendy and I first committed to make doTerra a part of our lives, we agreed, we wanted to have "NO REGRETS" If we were going to do this, we were going to be fully committed, completely engaged. We did not want to look back after a year and think, Wow, we sure blew that opportunity.
Opportunities do not come with a value tag. You will never know their worth until the day that you can look back and know that you've put forth every effort you have to succeed. It never comes easy. Opportunity is a bird that never perches. I have heard over and over about the opportunities with doTerra. We are blessed to be apart of a company with such great integrity. To enjoy a compensation plan that is designed to help US succeed. The founders of doTerra understand that if we as consultants have success and are motivated to push forward, this company succeeds.
When the company founders first started doTerra they explored bringing on investors to help cover the costs that they would incur as a large, new, start up company. But the thing they quickly realized is that if they used OPM (other peoples money) to fund doTerra, they would have to answer to others. They knew that if they were going to have a company that is all about the integrity, quality and purity of the product, they needed to be in control. So the founders leveraged, sold assets and emptied savings to fund doTerra. Now we see why the founders are so committed to seeing doTerra, and therefore US (IPC's) succeed. They want a company that will maintain a pure product that can be passed on to their own prodigy.
Until death do we part?
We had an IPC recently complain that she figured out based on the
time she had put into doTerra over the 2-3 months... and the two or
three small fast-start and commission checks she had received, that
she was making about $3.50 per hour.
We had to point out that the commissions check she has received are non-linear income, meaning that as long as her customers stay with doTerra she will receive commissions income from her purchases for as long as she is with the company. Further, as her efforts make her team grow and she duplicates her efforts with other leaders, her income will grow exponentially.
Active, linear income requires your ongoing participation in creating the money by some kind of work you do. When the work stops, so does the money. With passive, non-linear income you put the work in and are then paid over and over again.
This is the stream of income IPC's enjoy at doTerra. Another advantage that is sometimes overlooked is that the business is yours to do with it as you will throughout your life. If you want to work it hard for 5 years, then quit and enjoy the passive, non-linear income from a beach home, that is your prerogative. Or if you want to sell your business, it can become quite lucrative. You may want to will it to your child, or keep the business and the income continues.
If built and maintained correctly, your doTerra business becomes your income, your retirement and your children's inheritance.
These Business Helps are thoughts and articles from successfull doTerra Diamonds, Blue Diamonds, and Presidential Diamonds. These are thoughts and motivaters that they have passed on to their teams to help motivate and make them successfull. Some include downloadable files and you are free to use them in business training, mentoring, or however else you wish.
Creating a Buzz
Create a buzz, heal someone.
Look for oportunities to help someone heal.
Create a buzz, always smell like oils.
"you always smell sooo... good"
Create a buzz, always have oils with you.
"hey, I've got an oil for that!"
Create a buzz, be proud of your essential oils.
"Are you kidding? It's our primary source of health care."
Create a buzz, Open your mouth, facts tell, stories sell.
"Let me tell you how we handled the flu in our home last year."
Create a buzz, always have the diffuser going in your home.
"No, you're smelling pure plant oils, no chemicals."
Create a buzz, always put a few drops of lemon or grapefruit in your water.
"No lemon please, I have my own."
Create a buzz, Prepare foods for parties, and social occasions using essential oils.
"Yes, they're made with pure peppermint oil."
Create a buzz, Brag about your oils on facebook, twitter, or your family newsletter.
@Twitter: "My friend had laryngitis for 2 weeks, till she finally tried essential oils."
Create a buzz, Always proudly display your oils for visitors to see that come to your home.
"Oh, those are essential oils, have you ever smelled pure birch oil?"
Create a buzz by using, having and sharing your essential oils all the time. Have faith in their quality and efficacy. Be willing to share, teach and educate. As you do this, you will bless the life of others.
The Cycle of Health and Wellness
The cycle of health and wellness at the core or center is about your personal health and wellness then that of your family and friends. This must should be at the hub of your personal "WHY". If you are not motivated to have these powerful products be at the center of your why, the success will not come easy. The cycle growsfrom there. It is a cycle that when followed correctly begins to climb and expand. This growth comes in the form or experiences, team growth, confidence in the products, and overall increased health and wellness of
you and those you share with...
The cycle goes like this
1. You begin to use the products and have experiences of your own. (Experience)
2. You become enthusiastic about sharing doTerra products with others. (Share)
3. You grow in your confidence of the use and efficacy of essential oils. (Utilize)
4. You and others are motivated to be lifetime customers. (Retention)
5. You see your over all health and wellness improve. (Overall health and wellness)
Hard work and Experience = Growth and Expansion
Your first goal in doTerra is to begin having your own experiences with doTERRA products. It will help you in the development of your "why". It will help you in developing your 1min personal introduction to doTERRA. It will help build your faith and confidence in the products. Finally it will start you on your journey to becoming an "expert" on why they work and what are the best products for a given ailment or illness.
This is where retention comes in. Companies that have return customers will flourish. doTERRA has one of the most impressive retention numbers in the business. Looking further, the EverythingdoTerra group has the highest retention number of any groups. Nearly 70%. doTerra as a company is at about 65%. These are incredible numbers, and the result is a growing, thriving company that quarter after quarter continues an impressive upward trend.
It is after you have had your own experience, that you get the bug to share the oils. If your motivation is deeply rooted in a personal experience, you are excited to share what you have found with others. As you share you will become apart of the in the experiences of others, your knowledge grows and you are on your way to becoming an expert.
After you have had your own experience, and are actively helping others have their own experience, your confidence and knowledge of essential oils continues to grow. You have more experiences, you get better and teaching others about the benefits and all during this
learning cycle you will notice the Health and Wellness of yourself and your family begins to dramatically improve.
Overall health and wellness
As you follow this cycle, your knowledge and understanding begin to grow, you ability to care for yourself and your family increase and you become an expert to others to help them as their knowledge and understanding grow. The greatest advantage to this growth will be in your own faith in the products and understanding on how to best take advantage of them.
Why education is so important?
When the executives of doTerra decided to start and essential oils
company, they looked at all possible sales models. One option was
retail sales. They talked about the pros and cons, and quickly
realized that with the learning curve required to properly take
advantage of these powerful oils, that one-on-one training was required.
If you sold an oil off the store shelf, by law, documentation with the oil
(let say... peppermint) would be very restrictive in what it could say
that it was good for. However, if I helped sell peppermint oil to a neighbor, I could tell him that peppermint can stop hiccups, it has relieved me of anxiety, and angina. Along with some other oils, it has gotten rid of my allergies, and it helps open my airways. It is cooling and helps me stay alert if I get drowsy, and this is how I use it for those things...
These things could not be included in documentation that came with an essential oil off of a store shelf. For this reason, it was wisely decided that doTerra's essential oils would be sold by network marking, word of mouth, face to face teaching. As we focus our groups on educating other oilers on the use of essential oils, there begins a cycle that leads to an overall increase in health and wellness.
Sink or Swim
If you have a child. You've likely gone through the process
of teaching them how to swim. If you have, you understand
it is a step by step process. You don't just throw them into
the deep end and watch to see if they sink or swim.
You would likely always start them with a life jacket or arm
floaties of some kind. You teach them first to kick, then to feel comfortable with their head underwater. Then you have them practice small distances of swimming or swimming underwater. Soon the get more and more confident and begin swimming longer distances, then they are comfortable without floatation help, finally, you and they are both confident that they are good at swimming and can be trusted alone in the water.
When we bring new IPC's into dōTERRA, we need to make sure they are capable swimmers before assuming they can jump into the deep end.
The biggest mistake we can make with a new IPC is to sign them up, then assume it is all up to them from then on. They will soon become frustrated and loose what excitement they had at one time about being a successful dōTERRA IPC.
Teach the oil basics.
New IPC may or may not have experience with essential oils. But that is the key to helping them have success. They must start developing their own personal experiences with essential oils. That does not happen without training from their up line. Consider this their life jacket. Your dedication to training them on the basics and helping them have their own experience is as important as a flotation devise for your new swimmer.
Teach the business basics.
Just as important as teaching your new swimmer to feel comfortable in the water or to kick and use their arms, a new IPC must feel comfortable talking to others about essential oils and dōTERRA. The best way is for them to watch you or another leader in your team. Dr. Mom or Family Physicians parties, one on one meetings, conference calls or booths. Whatever your most effective methods are, you must help new IPC's to duplicate what you do.
Having them go out on their own after just joining up themselves would be the equivalent of throwing them in the deep end with no training or practice whatsoever!
Every new IPC you bring in the business should be hooked to your hip for the next three meetings or parties you have. Hopefully they will be events that the new IPC is sponsoring. Gradually you help the new IPC to participate in parts of what you normally do, and you watch the new IPC closely as she (he) learns to swim.
Here is a great model to follow for a new IPC.
Ok, Dawn, you have some great contacts, family and friends. Can I suggest that you approach them like this;
"Hi Jill, I am so excited about this new line of health and wellness products by dōTERRA. They are totally natural and they work. I would like for a gal from the company explain them to you. Can we meet for lunch tomorrow? (no) Ok, how about you come over to my house after work? (no) Could me and my friend give you a call at 10am tomorrow? It will only take 10 min." (ok)
You will let the new IPC set up opportunities as you show her how to teach about the product and how to CLOSE.
You want new IPC's to be successful.
It's great to sign someone up as an IPC, but the worst thing we can do is sign them up, throw them in the deep end, and walk away. You need to be there for them, teaching them as they gain experience. You need to help them close which can be one of the most difficult things for some IPC's to do. If you signed them on, you have basically agreed to be their life line. Their success will motivate them to push on, their success will be your success.
How Long Does It Take?
It's a very good question, because dōTERRA’s comp plan is
quite unusual, and if you are expecting to work like most
network marketing do, you may be left saying; "where's the
The reality is that dōTERRA’s comp plan is unique and takes
time to fully understand the powerful return it can bring.
The executives at dōTERRA want us to succeed. They have
given us a quality product that works, and understand that as
we have success, their company grows, and it becomes more
To understand the comp plan, let's stipulate an important
"There is no such thing as a free lunch."
There are companies out there that try to entice you with the "fast buck". dōTERRA’s comp plan is designed to give you long term, passive, non-linear income with time and dedicated work.
How is dōTERRA’s comp plan different?
Most compensation plans pay commissions with a descending percentage rate. dōTERRA pays commissions with an ascending percentage rate. It has an amazing advantage. And later we will compare actual numbers and how it affects your bottom line.
Filling the gap
We see it often when people first became acquainted with dōTERRA and their fantastic oils. They see the potential of being on board this wave, so of course they approach their dearest friends and family first. About a week later they get a check in the mail for 100, 200 or 300 dollars!
THIS IS GREAT! They think. What an amazing product with an amazing opportunity to make money!
Then reality sets in. The next weeks check gets smaller then smaller. They get their first commission check and it's even smaller.
Then the question. When does it start? When do we start making money? If you come to understand the power of dōTERRA’s comp plan, you will understand that there are some great bonuses that dōTERRA has created to help fill that gap. The awkward gap between when you first come on board and put forth a great effort, and when your uni-level commissions start to kick in.
dōTERRA has a unique compensation plan. If you are unaware of the strengths of the reverse uni-level, you might feel like you are spinning your wheels.
Importance of Understanding dōTERRA’s comp plan.
dōTERRA’s uni-level commission plan is based on an ascending payout percentage. This means as your group goes deeper, your payout percentage goes up. This is opposite of most network marketing compensation plans. The question becomes, is it an advantage or a hindrance to my financial aspirations as a business builder?
The bottom line is that in the short term it makes earning money come slower. Your biggest commission rate does not even kick in till you reach your 7th level!
On your 1st level, you will likely be starting with only 3-5 people! You will only be earning 2% on their purchases. The amazing thing is that as your team begins to grow exponentially below you, even though your first level is 3-5 people, your seventh level can be thousands of people, and you are earning 7% on their purchases.
Let’s do the math on this. Let’s play around with a standard 3x3 organization, 7 levels deep. For the purposes of this evaluation, we will assume that each member is at exactly $150 pv (personal volume) every month. This would give you 3279 people in your organization. The dynamics would look like this with your average network marketing company:
A=number of customers
B=paid out commission percentage
C=commission paid in dollars
A B C
3 @ 7% = $31.50
9 @ 6% = $81.00
27 @ 6% = $243.00
81 @ 5% = $607.50
243 @ 5% = $1822.50
729 @ 3% = $3280.50
2187 @ 2% = $6561.00
Total payout: $ 12,627.00
dōTERRA uni-level commissions:
A B C
3 @ 2% = $9.00
9 @ 3% = $40.50
27 @ 5% = $202.50
81 @ 5% = $607.50
243 @ 6% = $2187.00
729 @ 6% = $6561.00
2187 @ 7% = $22963.50
Total payout: $32,571.00
Yes, you are seeing that correctly. Over 2 1/2 times the commission paid out using dōTERRA’s comp plan.
With a little research it's easy to see the clear advantage of dōTERRA’s comp plan in the long run. What becomes frustrating to some is that even though the growth is impressive. It can be a slow growth. It takes time and hard work to have a team that is completely filled out like the example above. So again, "How long does it ($) take?
dōTERRA understands that much of your greatest efforts come at the start of your experience as an IPC, but the payoff can be slow to follow. With this in mind, dōTERRA has some bonuses that will help along the way.
Seven steps to success.
Get on auto-ship.
$100 dollar minimum monthly auto ship is necessary to
receive compensation of any kind. We recommend that
you encourage your team members to do a monthly
auto-ship of $150. This will ensure that your team volume between 3 IPC's will be $600.
Build your front line (3 leaders)... get your $50 dollar bonus.
If you get your $50 dollar bonus, and continue to get 2-3 signups per month, with your uni-level commission, it is reasonable to expect your monthly income to meet or exceed your $150 auto-ship. This needs to be an early achievement... get your monthly auto-ship paid for.
Continue to find sign-ups.
To often we see people say to themselves;
"Well, I got my three, now it's up to them."
Boyd Truman did some pondering on what "diamond" ranked dōTERRA IPC's had or did in common. He found only one common denominator. Some were great presenters, others may not be. Some were very well connected, others not so much. Some were fantastic business people, others were new at the business side of things. Some were expert at the use and efficacy of essential oils, others were beginners with essential oils. So what was the common denominator?
They had personally enrolled or sponsored at least 30 new IPC's. In other words, they were hard workers that were resolved not to stop at their first 3. Some have personally enrolled 50, 100 or more. They find ways to bring people in and don't stop.
As you personally enroll new IPC's, you have great control over your business structure and you can create very profitable fast start opportunities that will continue to grow.
Get your $250 dollar bonus by helping your front line get their $50 dollar bonus.
If you get your $250 dollar bonus, and continue to get 2-3 signups per month, with your uni-level commission, it is reasonable to expect your monthly income to be at or exceed $300 monthly. This will pay for your auto-ship and likely pay for almost three tanks of gas. Not bad.
Begin a Essential oils and business training & duplication model.
As your team begins to grow, you need to have a plan to train your team on the use of essential oils and how to take advantage of doTerra's comp plan. You must teach them to do what you are doing.
Get your $1500 dollar bonus by helping your front line get their $250 dollar bonus.
If you get your $1500 dollar bonus, and continue to get 2-3 signups per month, with your uni-level commission, it is reasonable to expect your monthly income to meet and exceed at least $1750. With your team having a stable 3 legs, and as you continue to personally enroll others and teach your team to do the same, your team will begin to grow exponentially. Hang on to that surf board, your wave is getting bigger!
Continue to find sign-ups and concentrate on building you're 4th and 5th leg.
Width is wealth is the axiom for almost all network marketing comp plans. The same can be said for doTerra's. You need to be at 3 legs to get your power of 3 bonus. The 3x3 structure will insure stability and ensure uni-level payouts at higher percentages. Having 4 silver legs is necessary to be a diamond, 5 gold legs is necessary to become a Blue diamond, and 2 gold legs + 4 platinum legs is required to be a Presidential diamond.
As you move up in pay titles, and grow wide (more than 3 legs) your uni-level obviously increases (see table below), and your shares from various leadership pools will make you wealthy.
Ok, but how long does it take?
How long does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
How long will I live?
How long till the Dodgers win a world series?
How long before the end of the world?
The bottom line is there is no set time line. There are some that came into dōTERRA the first week it opened for business and still don't make their $50 power of 3 bonus. There are others that have come into dōTERRA within the last year and are already making 5 figures monthly.
There are steps there are strategies, but it requires hard work, great effort and endurance. How long it takes is up to you. Over the next few months we will talk about specific strategies that people successfully use to build their teams.
We will talk about how important visualizing yourself achieving your goals can be. We will talk about moving forward with "an eye of faith".
Build your product inventory and have it on hand.
As you begin to build your business and become a leader that is supporting your team, it is important to have a healthy inventory of dōTERRA products. There will be countless times when team members will call you and say;
“Do you have an extra peppermint I can buy?”
A good leader will have a good stock of oils and product. Your team members will know that they can come to you for a need. Or if you have someone that you are introducing to oils and want to give them a bottle of lavender or lemon to try, you will always have it in stock.
Rob & Wendy James have several dōTERRA oil boxes. Each oil has a row,
so each box will have room for 5 bottles of 5 different oils. At a glance, we
can see if she is short on a certain oil. She always has at least two or more
bottles of each oil, unopened. Notice that we also has a place for other
dōTERRA products. Again with a quick glance she can see how low here
inventory is on each product.
As you continue to build your inventory it is good to keep several Trio kits,
Family Physician kits, Aroma-touch technique kits, and one or more
If you ever have someone sign up as an IPC, it is great to have a kit on hand
to give them immediately. Who likes to spend $100 to $500 for product, and
then wait a week for it to arrive. They can buy the kit from you, then you help
them place or have them place their first order for the same kit but have it delivered to you, or pick it up during your next visit to a dōTERRA location. That way you replenish your inventory and always have kits on hand. As you replenish the purchase using their account, the loyalty rewards gets credited to them.
It also makes it easier to enroll a new IPC if you have kits on hand. Think of being
at a party, event, or booth, and the difference between enrolling someone and giving
them their first kit on the spot, or asking them to wait a few days. It will make
them happy and you happy. I find you have more confidence when you have a kit
you can hand them the minute they enroll.
Get the most out of your ordering.
This is a trick to getting product at a very good discount.
dōTERRA truly has a program that will truly reward us for being loyal consumers.
Lets break down the cost of an essential oil and see how much savings we can
get if we take advantage of the loyalty rewards and other cost saving specials.
1 Bottle of peppermint…..$27.33 (retail)
Here’s the first trick, Make sure you’re an IPC and getting your products for retail.
In this case you would get a savings of $6.83 right off the bat.
1 bottle of peppermint… $20.50 (wholesale)
Here’s the next trick, look for and take advantage of any monthly product promo’s. Let’s assume for this example. The promo is for peppermint. In this case, you would get an additional savings of $2.05.
1 bottle of peppermint… $18.45 (wholesale with promo)
This becomes a total savings of over $8.88 or 32%.
The final trick is taking advantage of your loyalty reward points. Lets assume you have been purchasing dōTERRA products, staying active in the LRP (Loyalty Rewards Points - Program) for at least a full year at an average of $135.00pv Per month.
Now this gets fun… after a year, your available rewards points will be 30% of 1620 points.
With this, you could get 23 free bottles of Peppermint.
Or how about nearly 7 free bottles of frankincense?
Or maybe 48 free bottles of lemon essential oil?
Obviously your choices are almost endless, but the reality is, this is truly loyalty for being a good consumer.
Your mydoterra site has your available loyalty rewards point listed on the left side of your home page, Just under your personal and team volume.
Its like the money back you get at the end of a year at a Costco if you are an executive member except… MUCH MORE FREE STUFF!
10 Commandments of MLM Training
1) Thou shalt answer the question, “What do I do next?”
In MLM Training, the new distributor must know what he/she needs to do next. This simple question has stopped many future MLM superstars in our industry, as the new distributor will get frustrated if they do not know what comes next.
It is human nature for us to want to see the next road, the next highway. So you must let the IPC know what comes next, and then what comes next after that. This follows our culture. And if you answer this question, they will get a bigger picture in their mind of what needs to be done and go out and for it.
If you do not answer this question in MLM training, you will find that people will start trying to reinvent the wheel, and attempt actions that will ultimately lead to failure.
2) Thou shalt make your training duplicable. Duplication is about teaching to teach.
Your MLM Training must be easy to teach, and understand. So many times, MLM Training is complicated, and cannot be remembered, let alone taught. It must be teachable by all, not just teachable by some. And the key to being teachable is simplicity. Also, the tasks and actions being taught to take in the business must be duplicable as well. Complicated actions lead to complaining distributors.
MLM Training must be easy, simple, and teachable. To duplicate, you must teach Mary to teach Tom to teach Lou to teach Jodi to teach Roger to teach Dean to teach Susan. If this happens, then you will find that your training not only is duplicating, but multiplying your team quickly.
3) Thou shalt have the tools and manuals for learning.
MLM Training must have the tools to teach and the manuals to learn. Today’s MLM Training must be multi media driven, and touch all the senses.
Tools are great for learning when the IPC has time on their own to review, and master the process. Tools also are good for going over the material over and over, and memorizing what needs to be learned, and internalized.
4) Thou shalt have training that covers all phases of working this business.
Great MLM Training contains trainings on getting started, prospecting, approaching, presenting, handling objections, following up, and getting the decision. Also there must be training on the company, products and compensation plan.
The trainings also must include retailing the product as well as recruiting new team members. If you have these topics covered, you have the makings of a great MLM Training.
5) Thou shalt make the training automated.
In todays’ world, you must have an online training system. That is just reality. We live in a digital world, and a website society. If your training is not online, and available 24/7, you already are falling behind. Conference call and Webinar trainings are a must; another vehicle to learn from.
Great MLM Training is automated with text, audio, some video, and easy to access and get to on the website. Make sure your training is accessible nationwide, or even worldwide to your group.
6) Thou shalt think Hansel and Gretel in the training process.
Hensel and Gretel is a fairy tale about kids that went into the woods, and left a trail of bread crumbs to follow back home. They wanted a step by step path to get back home. Great MLM Training must be step by step to get the IPC back to the Success home.
Does your training have step by step processes that can be copied, mapped out, and followed? Does it contain a pattern that can be copied, and become a cookie cutter pattern? This is how it is supposed to go. You MUST have a step by step path that is a natural path, and each step builds upon the next. If you do you will find so many more of your IPCs enjoying SUCCESS in their MLM business.
7) Thou shalt have Live Trainings and Role Playing.
Great MLM Training has scheduled live teachings, usually on Saturday, and these are to teach, equip, and motivate. These events are good for focusing your group to laser focus, and even addressing questions about what you are training on. Plus it gets everyone together and spreads unity.
Role playing is something you must do with your new IPCs. This gives them “artificial experience.” And it readies them for when they go live on the calls and conversations, and prepares them in a way that classroom learning cannot. I cannot express this strong enough: Role Play!
8) Thou shalt have new levels in the training growth of the IPC.
Great MLM Training contains “phases”, or “next levels” of growth. And usually they follow the path of “Basic Training, “Advanced Training,”, and “Leadership Training,” and even beyond that to something that could be called top level “Success Mastery Training.”
Basic training is about how to do the business, including retailing, and recruiting. Advanced training is about how to build a downline, effectively and powerfully. And Leadership Training is about how to build Leaders. This follows a natural growth pattern of the distributor, and gives them something to focus on for the future, and to aspire and reach for.
9) Thou shalt get the new IPC up and training as soon as possible.
People learn so much quicker what they teach, than what they just hear. There are portions of the new IPC training that can be done by a new person. Get each new IPC up and teaching by the first month. And experiential training is key as well. Get the folks in groups and let them role play and experience what it feels like to do this business. It will excite them and train them as well, and the new IPC can facilitate this easily.
Why get the new IPC training quickly?
New IPCs have “new IPC energy.” It will get others excited and pumped. This also will build their confidence and put them in a pesudo Leadership role. Even if it is as simple as going over the company information, do it. It will propel them to a higher level of expectation, and self image in this business.
10) Thou shalt equip the IPC to master the training, and then let them do the training.
Your job is to get you out of the training business, and get back into the recruiting and building business. Good MLM Training will do this, and keep a fresh supply of new IPCs learning and doing the trainings. If you have this happening, you will have accomplished duplication and mastery in MLM Training.
10 Steps to Successful Goals
1. Decide want YOU want – Dream it- Write it down- See it -Make a dream board if you are visual.
2. Stand in front of the mirror and give yourself permission to go for your goal. Say I want it and I deserve it.
3. Make a plan, what will it take? Break it down. Use the S.M.A.R.T. goal system. You need short term and long tern markers to meet.
4. Tell a friend or someone you are close to. This makes it real! It is out in the open. This makes you accountable to the goal.
5. What additional training or help do you need? Get your up-line involved, they should be helping you anyway.
6. Make no excuses; don’t talk yourself out of it! Keep telling yourself you can do it.
7. Have a weekly or biweekly coaching call with your up-line leader or company support
8. Use a daily follow up sheet make sure nothing falls through the cracks, especially follow up calls to prospective wholesalers.
9. Make a back up plan
10. Start TODAY!
SMART Goal Setting
S specific – date the goal
M measurable – quantifiable way to measure the goal
A attainable – Must be real, don’t get crazy
R relevant – must have relevance or meaning-higher quality of life, retirements, promotion, rank increase
T timely- Must have a deadline
Coaching Call Preparation Form
Name ________________________________________Call Date______________
What is my ‘Why’?
How happy am I with my business right now?
Where do I want my business to be by____________?
What am I willing to do to get my business there?
How many hours a week can I commit to my business?
What have I Accomplished/Enjoyed since our last call?
New Insights and Learning?
What am I most grateful for right now?
What I wanted to get done but didn’t:
The challenges I’m facing now:
The opportunities which are available to me now:
What topics I want to cover with my coach on this call:
What am I committed to do by the next call:
Daily Action Sheet
This Week’s Goal: ______________________________________________
6 Most Important Things To Do Today
Call 5 CustomersCall 3 IPCs 1. ____________________________1. ____________________________ 2. ____________________________2. ____________________________ 3. ____________________________3. ____________________________ 4. ____________________________ 5. ____________________________
Call 5 Prospective Recruits
Write 3 Notes to Prospects, Recruits, Hosts or IPCs
Errands for the DayCall Backs for the Day 1. ____________________________1. ____________________________ 2. ____________________________2. ____________________________ 3. ____________________________3. ____________________________ 4. ____________________________4. ____________________________ 5. ____________________________5. ____________________________
Doterra Essential Oils Host Packet
(Everything you need to know to prepare for a large doTERRA event)
TO HAVE DONE BEFORE THE EVENT: (Section 1)
1. Book a room in a hotel, store, or other location that looks nice and can hold enough chairs for the expected number of attendees. Make sure they have a way to set up a projector and to plug in a diffuser. They often provide everything you will need, but it is necessary to ask and plan ahead. Other things that may be included in the price of the room are a projector, screen, water and cups, etc. All of the leaders in the area who will be utilizing the meeting to grow their business should equally share the cost of the rented space. 2.Get your leaders involved! Have a meeting with them as early in the process as possible so you can help them learn how to put the event together. If you are working with other teams, meet with them to coordinate who will be helping with what. Use this Packet as a delegation list so the work is shared and everyone can get involved. 3.Order any Essential Oils kits or product that you would like to have available for purchase at the presentation that evening. If your presenter is coming from Utah, ask them to pick it up for you and bring it with them. Depending on the size of the event you are planning to hold, you may be allowed to order product on consignment. Call Doterra customer service or talk to your presenter to determine how to organize this. 4.Schedule a Business Training Meeting for everyone in the area who would like to attend. Coordinate the time with your team leader who is visiting and get the word out to everyone. These can get your business growing as much as the event can so take the business training very seriously. 5.Advertise, Advertise, Advertise! This is one of the most important parts of the process and it is important to start as early as possible (a month or more would be good). Note: Remember, good advertising makes the difference between a small event and an event where the attendance reaches 50, 100 or more. Here are some ideas. An asterisk denotes an item that absolutely should NOT be optional. a.*Make an event flyer. You can even add an incentive for those who attend (e.g. drawing or prize) There are a few flyer samples included with this packet that you are welcome to use. Simply change the pertinent information as to date, time and location, etc. Make sure you include your own contact information and ask for an R.S.V.P. This will help identify who the enroller should be for new Customers or IPCs. b. *Email the event flyer to and/or call any of the people involved with Doterra on your team and all other teams to announce the meeting date and location. If your event location has not yet been determined, send the flyer anyway. Then you have an excuse to send a second reminder (“….we have a location for our event and we are so excited………”). Invite everyone to pass the flyer/information along to EVERYONE. c.A link on your email signature d.Blogs e.Facebook f.My Space g.Twitter h.Chat Rooms/Forums i.Educatonal Sites j.Local Event Web Sites k.Craigslist l.*Put up Flyers in
1) Health Food Stores
3) Community Centers
5) ’Green’ Stores
7) Schools/ Massage Therapy Schools/Colleges
8) Coffee Shops
10) Workout Facilities
m. Newspapers n.Direct Mail o.*Word of Mouth 6. *Make sure the event information is included on the Doterra Corporate website and in the Corporate Event Calendar. 7.For a big Doterra event, have your presenter find out from Corporate Headquarters if Doterra would be willing to offer an incentive for people who sign up that night. 8.*Send out a reminder email about 2 or 3 days before the event to as many of the advertising locations you can.
TO HAVE DONE FOR THE EVENT: (Section 2)
1.Make a packet for each attendee that includes each of the following handouts: a. Price sheet b.Independent Product Consultant enrollment form c.Ailment Handout (e.g. Dr. Mom Handout or the Essential Oil Handout) d.Doterra Catalog (can write ‘STORE COPY’ on the front if you will want them returned to you. Just announce that at the beginning when you are welcomeing everyone and describing what they have been given when they walked in.) 2.Make sure each leader knows what their role is for the meeting (explained below-section 3). 3.Bring a Diffuser and set it up where the attendees can see it during the presentation. 4.Bring Doterra Essential Oils to Display on a table in the room along with other product packages, booklets, extra handouts and materials that will be available for the attendees to look at or purchase. If you have any posters, banners or other professional looking materials, include them in your décor. 5.Bring a sign in sheet for the attendees with the following columns: Name, Phone, email, address, Who told them about the meeting and the largest column should be for questions they have or ailments they would like more information on. (A copy is included for you) 6.Essential Oils that can be passed around the room during the presentation. 7.Essential Oils books (with your name on them) that the guests can use to look up ailments. 8.Have a Projector set up or make sure ahead of time that the presenter is providing one.
HOW TO RUN THE EVENT:
(A short note is required here. Dr. Hill was at a meeting in Ohio where the event was run as outlined below. They had a higher percentage of sign ups than he had ever seen so he shared the details with his next host in Arizona. Again, the results were phenomenal. You will notice similarities to what we have always done, but there are some subtle differences. I tried this in Alaska and I was so excited by our results. We had more success than I have ever seen as I have taught around the country. I will follow this outline from now on!)
1. Be there at least 30 minutes early. Make sure everything is set up as it should be. Set up your own displays and have the packets for the attendees by the door. 2.Each leader should be greeting the attendees as they arrive. Give them the packet you have prepared (with the price sheet, etc.) Ask them how they learned about the event and then introduce them to the Doterra leader who placed that flyer (The Doterra Leader’s contact information should be on the flyer so it should be a simple thing to figure it out.). When you meet an attendee or an attendee has been brought to you that learned about the event because of your advertising, introduce yourself and let them know you are excited they could come. Lead them over to your table to sit with you (in Ohio, tables were set up with chairs but if that is not possible at your location, take them to your ‘area’ where you will be sitting with your group). Show them what is in their packet and if they are early, invite them to start looking through it. Make sure they feel that they are getting the attention they need. Then be available to help other attendees as they arrive. There will be late comers so it is best to have one of the leaders who is sitting near the door, be prepared to quietly hand out packets to them as they arrive. If it is not too distracting – based on the layout of the room – you can ask them how they heard about the event. When you discover who’s group they should be in, say, “okay, ‘Susan’ will be helping you tonight with any thing you might need and she’ll be able to answer your questions. You can go ahead and sit with her group over there.” 3.Start on time. 4.One of the Hosts should begin the event by welcoming everyone and letting them know how excited you are that they have come. Introduce the leaders who are there. Thank them for all of their hard work and tell the attendees how the leaders will help them with anything they need and will answer all of their questions. (Make sure the attendees feel that they will be taken care of). Introduce the Presenter/s. Thank them for coming and let the audience know what an honor it is to have presenter’s name there to teach them. List at least 5 or 6 of the presenter’s accomplishments and/education, etc. The attendees need to have a reason to care what the presenter is teaching. Explain what is in the packet they received and invite them to use the price sheet as a wish list. Tell them that “as they learn about Essential Oils tonight, they will learn which essential oils they will want. Take notes about the oils and you’ll want to circle the ones that interest you because there are several different kits and each kit has different oils in it. Then, when the class is over, you will be able to look through the different kits and see which one has the oils that you want. (Notice words like ‘you’ll want’….these are things that will make them begin to plan toward buying at the end of the class, but it is not pushy. You say all of this with a tone of voice that says, ‘This is probably what you will want to do so this information I’m giving you will help you for later……’). Notice that you are already making them feel like it is okay to make a purchase at the end. Turn the time over to the presenter. 5.When the presenter begins (no matter what portion of the class they are teaching) they should always thank the host and the leaders for all that they have done. Thank the attendees for taking their time to be there and tell the audience how awesome the host is and what a great team of leaders are in this locale. When the presenter is ready to turn the time over to the next person, introduce the next speaker and honor them with a few (not just one)accolades. 6.Make sure you include a section at the end about the business opportunity. I know, I know, you don’t want to be pushy but when it is done right it is not offensive and it is imperative that you cover this. There are always people who are interested in the business side of the company (some who don’t even want to admit it) and many who won’t know if they’re interested in the business until they hear about it. Doterra has asked us to focus more on the Power of Three bonus so at the end of this packet, there is a text that teaches you how to share the business portion. Do NOT take very long with this part! Take 5 to 10 minutes (time begins when you begin talking about the Power of Three Bonus – not when you are talking about autoship or how to purchase the oils). If the guests are asking questions about it, feel free to answer their questions and then it may take a little longer. But watch your audience and if you are losing them, say, “We can talk some more about this after so those of you who have more questions about the business, meet with me after and I can answer any questions you may have.” Turn the time over to whoever will be closing the meeting – and remember to first give them their accolades.
CLOSING THE EVENT: (Section 4- includes ‘Closing Text’)
1.How you word the closing can make so much of a difference. Remember that these instructions come from the most successful events we have had. When I followed this outline, we had a higher percentage of sign ups and sales than I have ever seen at any of my events. Here is the text for you to make it easier. Remember to have a happy and excited tone but not phony. (Of course you should personalize it with specific things that happened at your event and be confident but not overbearing.)
“We want to give a special thanks to Presenter’s Names for taking your time to come here tonight and teach us so much about essential oils. We are excited that we got to be here and learn so much new information. That was amazing and so educational. We have learned so many new ways to help us with our health!
2.Do your drawing or present your prize (if any). 3.“We would also like to thank all of you (indicate the audience) for coming tonight. You all have so many choices you can make about what to do with your time. We are so glad you chose to come be educated on ways to help yourselves, your families and your loved ones.”
Make no mistake about it. The education you have gained tonight, will have a very real impact on your life. It is so exciting to me when I see the essential oils help people to raise their standard of what it means to them to be healthy. Tonight you have been empowered to take care of youself and those around you at a much higher level.
You have been given an opportunity tonight and we invite you to take advantage of the new things you have learned and start using the essential oils in your daily health care routine. You’ve been taking notes, you’ve been circling the oils you’re interested in so you know some of the essential oils you are going to want to try.”
--Announce any incentives you have for people to purchase right now. Make sure you make the incentive sound like a great thing, especially if the incentive is from Doterra, let them know that you “can’t believe Doterra is allowing us to do this for you”. The incentive has to be ONLY if they purchase tonight and turn their paperwork in before they leave. You don’t have to be mean, if you are working with an individual, simply say, “Oh, in order to get that discount/fee waiver I have to have the completed paperwork tonight.” (Sometimes people have to leave early for good reasons and you can privately make exceptions for them if you have all of their paperwork by a certain time the next morning – but this is the EXCEPTION – not the rule.)—(I think the best incentive is offering an enrollment fee waiver if they enroll with at least 100PV and commit to a 100PV autoship for the next month. For our tour the incentive is even better than that so they are making it as easy as they possibly can for us!)
“What we will do know is have you gather with your team leader who will be able to help you. (“Susan” – name of team leader who will be working with the guests) , would you please raise your hand so everyone can see who you are? Susan is going to be helping this group (point to the group that she gathered around herself at the beginning of the event and remember that there will be late comers who Susan needs to help but may not be sitting with her). Go ahead (adding ‘ahead’ sounds like you are inviting instead of bossing) and gather at the table back there with Susan(indicate which table). She will be able to answer any questions you have and she can help you as you are trying to figure out which essential oils you need. (notice the assumption that they want to purchase. 99% of people want to purchase, they just need help knowing what to do next). ‘Travis” – name of team leader (Travis raises his hand) will be helping this group. (indicate the group.) so those of you (indicate his group) who are working with Travis, go ahead and go back to the table right there (indicate the table). (Go through each of the leaders this way. This part should be very quick. If the group is already at the ‘table’ or at the right location in the room just let them know that Travis will be helping them.)
As you are gathering in groups with your team leader, go ahead and look over your paperwork, look through the catalog, be looking at your Dr. Mom handout. The Dr. Mom handout has ailments listed in alphabetical order so you can go through that list and it will help you figure out which oils you want most. Be looking at the different kits available and your team leader will help you figure out which kit will be best for you based on the list you have made of the oils you want. So go ahead and start filling out your enrollment form. Your team leader will be going around the group and they will be able to help you figure out which kit will be the best for you. Presenter’s Name will be happy to answer any questions you might have so feel free to come over and talk with them as well. There are samples for you to look at on the tables in the back – you can smell the oils, you can look up illnesses or essential oils in the books back there as well.”
1.DON’T’S: a.Don’t ever use the words ‘sign up”. It is not appealing to most people. Instead say ‘enroll’ or ‘membership’. b.Don’t ever say they are signing up as an Independent Product Consultant/IPC. Again, it is not appealing to most people. Instead say, ‘purchase at wholesale pricing’. c.Don’t ever be pushy. You are not trying to GET them to buy. You are trying to help them figure out what THEY want to buy. 2. If there is ever a concern about who gets to be the enroller for a particular guest, NEVER discuss it in front of ANY of the attendees. It is unprofessional and very bad manners. It also lends to an atmosphere of selfishness, not unity, and it is very important that we work hard to help Doterra retain the wonderful reputation we have. People notice the ‘different’ feeling with Doterra and we have to make an effort to keep it that way. Wait until the guests are gone and then resolve the concerns. If you have difficulty in resolving the concerns, ask for help from your upline. The rule of thumb is this; the enroller is the team member who posted the advertisement that got the person to the meeting, or the person who initially introduced the person to Doterra. There is one exception to the rule; If someone was introduced to Doterra by someone else a LONG time ago and no one ever followed up with them – they saw your flyer and came to the event, then you may put yourself as the enroller. I cannot stress the importance of this enough because this is one thing we can do, as distributors, to help maintain the wonderful atmosphere of teamwork we have at Doterra. When you are working with ANYONE, ALWAYS, ALWAYS find out how they heard about Doterra and MAKE SURE the new enrollee gets signed up under the correct person. You are the team leader and your team will follow your example. By doing this you will be setting the example of teamwork and an attitude of helping. You will teach them to have integrity and to become the kind of leader that their team will grow to trust.
----The text for the business portion will come later this week. I do not have time to add it right now.---
Let’s Do Oils!!
Before, During, and After an Event you must Plan, Create, and then Execute!
BEFORE THE EVENT
1.Create a List.
-Think of everyone you know who may be interested in essential oils and a road to a healthy new them! (Family, Friends, Business Associates, hair dresser, store cashier, etc., between 50 and 100 people).
2.Prepare your Presentation.
-Choose your topic(s). Your list of topics can be as extensive as your imagination – anything related to essential oils and their uses as well as any of dōTERRA’s products.
3.Create and/or order Handouts.
-People love to walk away with something in their hand. You can use dōTERRA’s Product Catalog, PIP’s, etc., items created by IPC’s, your own creation in conjunction with your presentation and of course samples as always loved.
4.Schedule the Event.
-People these days are extremely busy, schedule your meeting approximately two weeks ahead to give you time to promote the meeting, and to allow attendees ample time to plan to attend. (If you hold or are planning to hold regular meetings for your downline and potential recruits, make sure that they are held consistently on the same day of the week, and at the same time.
5.Promote the Event.
-From your already created list, choose 20-25 people.
-Invite at least twice as many people as you would like to come, just to make sure your event is well-attended.
-Make your first contact two weeks in advance, in person or over the telephone.
-After your conversation, send an invitation to everyone you have already personally invited at least one week before the event.
-Give a reminder call two or three days before the event. For various reasons, some people will have to cancel. Let them off the hook gracefully, and you will keep a friend and not loose a future opportunity. There will be other times to help them learn.
-Make sure you keep your thoughts to yourself, such as, do not pre-determine others’ interest if they would like to attend or not. Prepare as if you KNOW they are going to be so excited you are inviting them. Remember, the objective of the event is to teach and educate; attendees don’t need to worry about being stuck hearing a pushy sales-pitch.
-Every person who attends is important!
DURING THE EVENT
1.Be Ready and Relaxed.
-Have everything set up and ready to go at least 20 minutes before the first guest arrives (remember some people are always early while others are always late).
-Stay near the door and personally greet everyone who comes in.
3.Create a Registration List.
-Have a registration sheet to log attendees’ names, address, email address, phone number, etc.
-Always make a short introduction of who you are and why you have health information to share. Depending on the group size, introduce others.
5.Give your Presentation.
-Keep your presentation short and simple.
-Encourage attendees to ask questions, and to take notes.
-Make sure you use language everyone will understand.
-Be the first to admit you don’t know an answer to a question asked, but that you will certainly find the answer and follow-up. Do this as soon as possible.
-Avoid talking about ‘cures’. Promote the dōTERRA’s products strengthen the body, which can heal itself if it is properly maintained.
-Follow your presentation and watch the time so you don’t go over. However, don’t be so rigid that you neglect the needs of your attendees. After all, you are there to help them learn, not to give you an opportunity to speak.
-It’s OK to be nervous! In fact, expect to be nervous. It can be exciting to teach others things that you have learned. In time you will become more polished and comfortable (in the meantime, use Serenity).
CLOSING THE EVENT
-Remember everyone could have been someplace else tonight. Thank them sincerely for their time and attention.
2.Promote the Next Event.
-Tell them when and where the next event will be held, and what the topic will be.
-Have a supply of invitations to the next event and hand out your business card as well with an invitation to call you with questions.
3.Take Product Orders.
-Have a stack of Order Forms available for everyone. (You can hand this out now or during your presentation, whatever you feel comfortable with.)
-Simply let everyone know you will stay and assist with product orders and answer any questions they may have.
-Treat everyone the same, if they place an order or not. Speak to all attendees who didn’t order if you get the chance and thank them personally for attending the event.
-Remember that even if they don’t purchase anything immediately after the meeting, they may want something in the near future.
AFTER THE EVENT
-Immediately following the event make certain all orders are turned in and processed.
-If there is a problem with an order take care of it immediately.
-A day or two after the event, make a follow-up phone call to some of the attendees. Ask what they thought of the event and if they had any suggestions for future events.
-Follow-up with any attendees who didn’t stay after the event to chat or place orders. Call them and find out their impressions of the topic, the meeting, and the products. If they are not interested, find out why, but don’t be pushy – you really want to know how to help them and improve your presentation.
3.Follow-Up on Orders.
-Make a note on your calendar approximately when the orders should arrive at the new IPC’s door. Call them. Make certain their order arrived in great shape.
-Assist the new IPC’s with product questions on their order. Get EXCITED and share with them again, briefly, some of your favorite product uses for the products they received.
PLAN MORE EVENTS
1.Two Things are Certain
-First, the more Let’s Do Oil events you hold, the better they will be; Second, the more you hold, the more successful your business will become.
-The first event will be the hardest, so it is best to plan it, work on it, and hold it as soon as possible.
-More events equal more success!
-Spend time after your first event and reflect on the process, results, and comments. Improvement will come with each new event.
-Again, once you and your group discover a convenient time, be consistent. It is much easier for busy people to plan on a regular meeting than to try to fit in one here, then another there. Make it easy for them to remember and attend.
5.Law of Average.
-You may have fewer people attend an event than you had hoped, or find that one of your attendees doesn’t want to follow your agenda. For every difficult meeting you have, you will find that you are having more and more exciting, successful ones where people’s eyes are opened to options and solutions for health that they had never imagined! Once your Let’s Do Oils habit is formed, you won’t be able to live without it!
1.Train your Downline
-Invite one or two members of your downline to ‘do what you do’
-The more Let’s Do Oils events your downline attends, the more you can prepare them to hold their own events.
-Involve your downline in 3-way calls, to just listen and learn.
-Watch your downline get excited as people call them with questions and experiences, they will become more involved in helping people live healthier, happier lives.
2.Business or Personal.
-In any endeavor, those who are most successful are those who can inspire and motivate others to duplicate their own original efforts. McDonalds succeeds not on the basis of one large restaurant, but on the basis of many small, productive outlets. So do successful doTERRA Independent Product Consultants.
Top 25 Tips for Success
These simple, easy-to-use tips will help you get your business off to a fast start, and put more money in your pocket.
1. When you first get into your network marketing business, write out your plans and goals! I'm sure you've heard it said many times before..."Most people never plan to fail, they simply fail to plan". Take the time to write out your plans and goals. Be realistic, but be tough on yourself. Push yourself. One of my favorite quotes is: "What your mind can conceive, it can achieve".
2. Get started immediately. Don't wait for everything to be perfect before you start. That will never happen. Jump in and get started.
3. Treat your MLM/network marketing business as a serious, full-time business, and it will quickly become one.
4. Don't focus your attention on trying to sponsor the "big hitter" who tells you that they are going to bring in 120 people. Sure, it would be nice, but don't get caught up in the hype and emotion. It takes a team effort.
5. Know that rejection will happen. Not everyone is going to want what you have. There are some people that you could put a huge pile of GOLD in their front yard, and they would still walk right on by it. Or, they simply will not believe its gold. Don't get discouraged. There are literally MILLIONS of people wanting what you have.
6. Follow up! This is the single most important factor to your success. You have probably heard that the fortune is in the follow up. People will rarely call you back, but they will join you if you follow up and show them you care about their needs. Call them and ask how things are going...or at least email them. By following up with everyone, you will sponsor new business partners in your network marketing business.
7. Have patience. Big income never happens overnight. And this is especially true if you are also working a full-time job. It may take you a year or two to obtain your income goal and quit your current job. If you knew that you could be doing your home business full-time in only a year from now...would it be worth the wait?
8. Don't give your new reps wild expectations. Let them know what to expect. Always be honest with them.
9. Realize that your MLM business is going to require an investment. Just like a brick and mortar business, your home business is going to require an investment in marketing supplies and tools. Thankfully, network marketing doesn't require you to take out a 2nd mortgage to operate.
10. Don't let anything knock you out of your home based business and cause you to quit. You can only fail in this business if you give up on yourself.
11. Don't mail out samples and materials to a few people and then expect big checks to suddenly appear. Most likely, it will take you a few months to have a steady income coming in.
12. Help the people you sponsor as much as you can. Help them get started. Help them sponsor their first two people by doing 3-way calls with their prospects. Let them know you're there for them and you support them. Teach your new reps the importance of doing the same. That's how you build a team.
13. Don't do things for your reps that they should do for themselves. There is a fine line between being helpful, and doing the entire business for them. Understand your downline is going to do what you do. Lead by example. Do all the things that you want your reps to do. Be sure the example you are setting is one that you would want to follow if you were in their shoes.
14. Don't waste time on cynics, or non-motivated people. They will NOT succeed in this business, or any other business for that matter. Trying to drag someone into your business is only going to drain you of all your energy and beat you down. Let them go and move on.
15. Don't whine and complain to your upline every time you have a problem. No one wants to spend time with constant whiners and complainers. And DEFINITELY don’t whine to your downline!
16. Always operate your business in a professional and ethical manner. Don't make false claims about your MLM / network marketing product, or exaggerate your income. Give your prospects the facts and you will build trust. People can be smarter than you think. Most can sniff out if you're being dishonest quickly. Then you have lost your credibility, as well as your prospect.
17. Learn all that you can about your home based business. Stay up to date with everything that is going on. Learn a little about your competitors so that you can answer simple questions about the differences between them. But don't put them down to your prospect, no matter how you feel about them.
18. Think BIG! Think BIG dreams. Set BIG goals. Small thinking produces small results. Live life without putting limits on yourself.
19. Keep in close contact with the new people you sponsor into your network marketing business. Let them know you care and are there to help. Praise your new people who are doing good things. Always at least send an email to them when they sponsor someone new. Let them know they're doing a great job!
20. Always be ENTHUSIASTIC! Smile when you're on the phone. Enjoy yourself and let others feel your enthusiasm for what you're doing. It quickly becomes contagious. (MIRROR BY YOUR PHONE!)
21. When you discover new ways of building your MLM home business, share them with others on your team. Remember...duplication is the key to success in this business.
22. Keep organized with your business. Have a system in place to keep track of those who are testing your product, or thinking about getting started, even if it's just a notebook to write their names in.
23. Listen to tapes, or read books on network marketing and personal development. It will pay BIG dividends as the months go by. Ask any leader in your business about the importance of personal development and they will all tell you the same thing. DO IT!
24. Don't allow small problems and rejections that arise throw you off and upset you. Think about the positives, and always keep focused on the big picture.
25. Have FUN! People want to be around others who are having fun, be it in everyday life, or your business. Have fun with your home based business. Enjoy yourself, and watch how many others want to be involved in what you're doing.
Michael Clouse’s Seven Strategies To Success
(Notes from doTerra Leadership Training on March 17th, 2011)
Michael Clouse has been in this industry for more than 20 years—he is highly successful and has helped thousands on their path to success. The strategies which he shares are unique to our profession, and we need to follow them precisely like a recipe. A recipe has ingredients, a process, concept of time, and the potential for flaws. He gave the example of an egg in a recipe—most people would crack the egg before putting in a recipe, and what would happen if you threw it in shell and all. That is obvious to most of us--the challenge is that the things which are obvious to us may not be to others. He told a story of Terry and Beth who were sisters, had the same business opportunity, but a completely different outcome because they understood the “recipe” differently. There may be times when we ask ourselves, what did I do wrong? Sometimes there’s not a lot we can do given certain situations. However, there is a pattern we can follow to go from having a challenging business to growing a prosperous one. Following these strategies will take time--there is potential for over a seven figure income after 6-9 years, and obtaining the freedom and lifestyle you desire. If done properly, as the income grows, so does the time. Remember, that there is also a big discrepancy in what individual IPC’s are willing to invest in both time and money. New IPC’s can either be a great prospect or a project.
1. Become a product of the product. Be a member of the Loyalty Rewards Program which establishes a pattern and a habit. Our products are so different and extraordinary! A phrase that pays is that people will buy “music” more than just the products. “Music” is our passion and excitement! This has to become the fabric of who you are. Go back through the people on your team and find out what gets them excited!
2. Realize how people move forward—setting goals. What works and what we teach people is rarely the same. What works is duplication, and this needs to be basic and simple so that everyone can immediately duplicate. Many studies have been done and there is evidence to support how human nature works, in that we can get people to look at or set goals about 90 days out. It is a pattern. Too much is too long. Duplication is what I can get you to do. Usually takes repeating the 90 days, three different times. Consider April thru June, where do you want to be? On July 1st, how much money do you want to be earning? What title or level do you need to be at to achieve this? Have a specific plan that is looking forward. At the end of 90 days, you will need to review, adjust, and repeat. Michael uses this for all areas in his life. This pattern will give your people traction. Track the progress!
3. Teach the basics of business. As mentioned before, make it duplicable. Do things that work. Be able to immediately teach the next person you meet. “If a dud can do this with a stud, it will probably work.”
a. How to prospect. Two new contacts, four days per week—this adds up to 384 new contacts per year. Think what happens to a little team of 10 people in a year! Problem is that most of us do nothing. Will often make a list of people to approach about the business, and then don’t really know how to contact. When we procrastinate the challenge of talking to strangers, it’s a huge signal that we are not prepared and there is a disconnect somewhere. Prospecting is the fuel for this business. How we can overcome fear of prospecting. Need to really understand that most people we talk to have same beliefs as us. Growing up, we all have been taught not to talk to strangers. So, the number one rule in prospecting is that we must approach them first and talk to them first. Also, we need to recognize where and when it is safe to talk to people. They cannot see you as a stranger--there is a way to get people to know you, and like you, and trust you by approaching them like a friend instead of a stranger. Think about what you would say to a friend, and make sure your body language is consistent with your words. Have fun with this!
b. How to present. Presentation is the art of telling a story. Need to help them feel comfortable and compelled. Also, have third party validation, which is anything that isn’t yours, such as a webinar, flip-chart of a presentation, another event… He also said, that if your mouth is moving, your finger better be moving too. In other words, when we are presenting, “point and read” which shows them that it’s not hard to do and that anybody can do these presentations. Keep the main thing, the main thing. Simplicity!
c. Understand what duplication really means. Repeat this basic cycle. Phrase that pays is “people who successfully duplicate are people who master the mundane”. Give up the fancy stuff. Find what’s successful, not necessarily fun.
4. Attend all the events!! This includes webinars and other educational opportunities.
5. Find and embrace the concept of a business working partner or accountability partner. Find someone who will help drive, compel, and encourage you to do your best. Important to remember that these are relationships, and it may not work out perfectly with the first business working partner. This can be anyone in your up-line or anyone you can work well with.
6. Personal development. If you are perfectly happy with where you are in life, you may not need this. However, most of us have a disconnect between what we have and what we desire. Too often we jump from one program or book to another, without really mastering the material. We need to spend more time on less material. He gave an example of three excellent books that would benefit us including: “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill; “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie; and “The Richest Man in Babylon”. Each of these have specific strategies, and although many of us in the room had read these books, we couldn’t name the specific strategies from any of them. These principles and strategies need to become the fabric of who we really are.
a. Read 30 minutes per day. Pick a book by title that suggests it will help. Example—“Seven Prospecting Secrets” by Clouse. Read and reread these best books.
b. Listen to recorded material for at least 30 minutes per day. He called this “Environmental Immersion”.
c. Take four classes every year—one each quarter. Look for people who can help grow your business, and choose two from outside of doTerra.
7. Need to commit to the process. Commit to still be actively involved one year from now. Repetition! Has to be so deeply rooted that when asked questions or giving a presentation, it becomes a stimulus response.
Conclusion—Michael promised that as we diligently follow these 7 strategies, we will have great success. Get family and friends on board! Bring the people you care about along on this journey. Remember where you are and what you can offer. You have the ability to change and touch many, many lives!!
If you are interested in any of his books or audio materials go to: www.myoilbusiness.com
To start it is easy as 1, 2, 3…..
1)Fill out the Registration Sheet and send it to XXX by deadline of X-X-2011. 2)Be on calls which will help give you the tools, knowledge, and support to have success with the program. 3)Track & Update Events and Contacts sheets, submit them by due dates, and have bi monthly coaching calls.
Step 1: Below find your Personal Information Registration Sheet.
Save it to your computer so that you are able to update it with your personal information. Fill in all your personal information and goal idea if known and send to XXX by (insert date)
Step 2: Listen Live (or to the recorded call within 48 hours) List conference call #’s and play back for each time
Step 3: Bi-Monthly Coaching Call
Track & Update the Event & Contact tracking sheet submitting completed forms by due dates (List conference call # & playback#)
I Commit: (Plan only works when you work it!) Please initial each to agree
•I will be on the Conference Calls live or listen to recorded call within 72 hours___ •I will work closely with my up line Silver or above leader ___ •I commit to a do a minimum of 10 events each month (with 3 being classes I teach)___ •I will contact 5 new contacts or lead follow ups weekly (these are leads from your classes, etc)___ •I will turn in weekly progress to up-line partner by each Monday midnight or on due date___ •I will contact my IPC’s (at least half each month )____ •I commit to 2 education studies each period (webinars, training, or other studies)____ •I will do bi-monthly coaching calls with my up line business partner – 2 a month ____
Again all forms must be submitted to be considered qualified by due date, coaching calls must have occurred and the minimum of 3 classes held each month where you teach a group of 5 or more. This program is available only for those at starting rank of Premier or below.
I Have Read above and understand commitment level required, paperwork and call requirements, class, events and contact requirements that all have to be completed by deadlines in order to qualify for graduation reward…
Share doTERRA and Grow Registration
NameFirst Last AddressStreet City State Zip PhoneDaytime phone Cell phone Email Occupation: Business InfoIPC# / Enroll Date:Person who enrolled you: Personal Info:HobbiesActivitiesBest Time to Contact You: HusbandName: Occupation: ChildrenName/Age: Name/Age:Name/Age: ChildrenName/Age: Name/Age:Name/Age:
# New IPCs to Group Power of Three GoalOrganization Sales Goal Month 1
End of Program
Monthly Educational Sessions
Listen to a Webinar or a recorded oil call or research an essential oil and create an informational sheet
Webinars available at www.builddoterra.com
Lookup information at www.everythingessential.me or www.doterrablog.com
Date Education Session TypeTop Tip or Favorite Thing learned or discovered
Date Education Session TypeTop Tip or Favorite Thing learned or discovered
Three-Way Calls – Simple yet Powerful!
Three-way calling! Three-way calling! You gotta do three way calling!
You may be wondering what all the talk is about concerning three-way calling and how it can assist you with building your business. You need to have an understanding of what it is and basics of doing it. It is an effective way to build your business and very cost effective as well.
Understand….once you have contacted your friends ands family, you need to do what is called a “three-way call" with them, and with your upline sponsor (if you can’t do it in person).
This will do three things:
1 )Build credibility.
2) Validate you and the product.
3) Help train you as you listen to your sponsor talk to your prospect.
What is 3-way calling?
It is a technology and a tool available from your local phone company that allows three people to talk to each other on the phone. It is used to train, validate, and help you “earn while you learn."
Let your upline sponsor know you are interested in participating and have them walk you through the process. They are there to help you and guide you in the early stages of your business. Check your home and cell phone service and make certain you can do three-way calls.
How do you do a three way call?
It is as simple as 1-2-3.
You call your sponsor, and give them a short background on the prospect, (name, age, occupation etc) and then press the “flash" button on your phone, or the receiver button, and then dial the number of your friend, and then when it starts ringing, press the “flash" button again, and you will have both parties on the line.
A three-way call is broken down into three parts:
This is where you introduce your sponsor to your prospect:
* Do not let them carry on a conversation with you first, and then tell them someone is on the line…it is embarrassing to everyone!
“Have I caught you at a good time? Great! I have a friend/ associate/expert/partner/ -Mary- on the line who is an expert with this product and company, and I was telling her about you, and she wanted to meet you…Mary, are you there?"
Stay quiet and listen to your sponsor.
2) “The Expert" - your sponsor or upline who is calling with you.
During the call, your sponsor will reaffirm what you have told them. And also validate you. There are many different ways to do three ways, but always ask questions about the prospect, and show you are INTERESTED IN THEM! Your sponsor will also help get your prospect to the next event, and also say something about you as a serious player in this business-(and if you are doing three ways –you ARE!)
3) “The Summary" or Next Move.
This will be to summarize what has been agreed to by the prospect, and also to thank them for their time and how forward you are looking to see them.
“Lisa, I am so excited about you meeting Mary tomorrow night, and I know that you will enjoy our get together! See you tomorrow night!"
Practice with your sponsor over and over, and get three-ways down. Sponsoring new IPCs can be driven by three-way calls, and it is the most powerful tool there is for third party validation, and recruiting.
Three-ways is one of the TOP SECRETS to massive SUCCESS in building your team.